Newpoint employs a direct, cost and time minimisation approach to identify and analyse alternatives and negotiate workable, value-add solutions that maximise the outcome for stakeholders and reduce the risk of insolvency.
Our asset restructuring services include:
- Distressed asset management – we secure and minimise asset deterioration and work with existing management and/or third parties to improve asset performance and reposition
- Small Business Restructuring – in line with the new insolvency reforms that commenced on 1 January 2021 we can assist companies with less that $1m in liabilities restructure their debts whilst still continuing to trade. We assist through developing a restructured business plan which includes a feasible creditor repayment schedule at a fixed cost. You can find more information about the simplified liquidation process here https://asic.gov.au/regulatory-resources/insolvency/insolvency-for-directors/simplified-liquidation/
- Creditor and Debtor negotiations, particularly where relationships are strained or where management is having difficulty finding a workable solution to salvage a business or assets – we work as an independent party to highlight the financial circumstances for stakeholders and negotiate a solution. Based on the specific situation, this may require an informal moratorium on debts to allow breathing space to work with the business or asset
- Financial modelling and sensitivity analysis of a distressed business or assets – we conduct due diligence to understand the specific circumstances and facilitate the identification of options to improve trading performance and viability for stakeholders. This includes identifying the various priorities, options and outcomes available. Undertaking this analysis early can make a material difference to the outcome and mitigates against further deterioration
- Sourcing of finance in relation to property related asset classes – we work with numerous Bank and non-Bank Lenders across various locations and risk appetites and can facilitate the introduction of capital to underwrite viability.
Forest Resort Group
144 strata room hotel, 18 hole PGA championship golf course, 25 residential lots and a waste water treatment plant owned by the shareholders of Asset Resolution Limited. Hotel trading at 50% occupancy, golf course not viable and losses exceeding $1m per annum. Improved hotel, relaunched golf course and membership structure, close water treatment plant and successfully sold the asset at a premium to valuation.
Spare Room Holding Pty Limited
Storage facility that was overcapitalized resulting in vacancy issues, manager and owner had limited storage facility experience. Negotiated put and call option with a new operator to exit asset with business eventually sold to new operator above valuation.
Baseline Constructions Pty Ltd
Restructure and turnaround of distressed Tier 3 builder. Facilitated completion of three projects delivering outcome for principals and substantially reducing liquidated damaged claims to improve outcome for balance of creditors.
National Buildplan Group Pty Ltd
Tier 2 non-residential contractor contractor with government accreditations, 132 contracts at various stages all in a loss position. All contracts terminated by principals for default. Negotiated with principals for permission to complete some projects in order to bring in cashflow to cover debts. 100% return to financier and employees and a return made to unsecured creditors.